- SHORT STUFF® Fibrillated HDPE is a price competitive alternative to Fumed Silica, and may provide equal rheology at up to 50% less by weight in Epoxy systems.
- Fibrillated HDPE has a much higher density than Fumed Silica, resulting in reduced shipping cost and less storage space required.
Consistent & predictable performance
- SHORT STUFF® works physically to impact rheology, so performance variation is reduced regardless of the resin used.
- SHORT STUFF® provides consistent, reproduceable rheology even at elevated or reduced environmental temperatures, without the fluctuation often observed in Fumed Silica systems.
Eliminates or reduces nuisance dust issues
- Fibrillated HDPE is non-dusting and much easier to handle than Fumed Silica.
What do I need to know to replace Fumed Silica with SHORT STUFF®?
Does the application currently use hydrophobic or hydrophylic Fumed Silica?
- Treated Fumed Silica is hydrophobic
- Untreated SHORT STUFF® is hydrophobic
What are the gloss or sheen requirements?
- SHORT STUFF® may reduce the gloss/sheen if a large grade is used
Is film clarity a requirement?
- SHORT STUFF® remains opaque after dispersion
Where should I add SHORT STUFF® in a 2K Epoxy system?
- Add to part A for medium to high viscosity Epoxy systems
- Add to part B for low viscosity Epoxy systems
What is the applied film thickness?
- SHORT STUFF® is limited to wet film thickness of 3+ mils to prevent texture or visible fibers in the dry film
What are the drying conditions? Air dry, force dry, oven dry?
- SHORT STUFF® will melt at 135C/275F.
Please contact us if you have other questions about replacing Fumed Silica with SHORT STUFF® Fibrillated HDPE.